GP vs Specialized dentist for international trained dentist

Started by Drzet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drzet

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a foreign dentist living in Texas , I am confused between being a GP or being a specialist especially when I searched online most dental clinics ask for a GP and I saw the opportunity for specialist to work is so small? someone told me that I can get Texas licence by doing masters for 2-3 years in any specialty and apply for the licence without doing DDS, I would like to know if that is true ? also I do not know if one has become a specialist can have more opportunities to get a job ?