GPA advice to apply for PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jn7771992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m in a dilemma and I need some clarification. I’m currently retaking classes I got C’s in and the GRE too right now since I received rejection letters last year. So far I have 3 A’s and still going until spring 2019. I was wondering if it’s necessary to retake classes you got B’s in or stick with retaking prerequisite classes I got C’s in. I want to make sure I’m on the right track and if it’s a smart, efficient way to improve my application.

cGPA: 2.68
pre-req GPA: no clue yet

Thank you so much and message me if you want.

Members don't see this ad.

You probably need to go to your counselor where you are taking classes, they may help you to calculate the best/fastest way to improve your GPA. For example, if you take a 2-unit class where you got "C" and now get "A" in it, it will improve your overall GPA less than if you take a 4-unit class where you got "B" and now get "A" in it. Also check out PT schools that look only at your last 60 units when considering GPA scores.

You probably need to go to your counselor where you are taking classes, they may help you to calculate the best/fastest way to improve your GPA. For example, if you take a 2-unit class where you got "C" and now get "A" in it, it will improve your overall GPA less than if you take a 4-unit class where you got "B" and now get "A" in it. Also check out PT schools that look only at your last 60 units when considering GPA scores.

That’s my plan to look at schools who take highest grade when classes are repeated and last 60 credits.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I’m in a dilemma and I need some clarification. I’m currently retaking classes I got C’s in and the GRE too right now since I received rejection letters last year. So far I have 3 A’s and still going until spring 2019. I was wondering if it’s necessary to retake classes you got B’s in or stick with retaking prerequisite classes I got C’s in. I want to make sure I’m on the right track and if it’s a smart, efficient way to improve my application.

cGPA: 2.68
pre-req GPA: no clue yet

Thank you so much and message me if you want.

What was your first score on the GRE? I am currently in the same situation with retaking classes I have received C's in...as well as maybe retaking the GRE soon

What was your first score on the GRE? I am currently in the same situation with retaking classes I have received C's in...as well as maybe retaking the GRE soon

My GRE was also pretty low and I’m planning on retaking it too.
Score: 287 ☹️
Writing: 4.5

I would definitely look into schools that look at your last 60 credits, that saved me a lot. I know some schools weigh the pre-req GPA more so maybe stick with the pre-reqs?

Reactions: 1 user