GPA calculation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AADSAS has not calculated my GPA yet because I haven't submitted my application yet but I am wondering how some students' GPA end up higher?

at my school

A : 4.0
A-: 3.7
B+: 3.3
B : 3.0
B- : 2.7 and so on

and also AADSAS lists "AB" at 3.5 what is that all about?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

busdent said:
AADSAS has not calculated my GPA yet because I haven't submitted my application yet but I am wondering how some students' GPA end up higher?

at my school

A : 4.0
A-: 3.7
B+: 3.3
B : 3.0
B- : 2.7 and so on

and also AADSAS lists "AB" at 3.5 what is that all about?

Thanks
In my case (for the gpa earned at one of my schools was 3.93
but AADSAS calculated my GPA at that school as follows
GPA w/ +,- 4.01
GPA w/o +,- 4.00

The reason for this is that without + or -'s i have all A's there for 4.00
and with + and -'s my A+ pushed my gpa further up than my A-'s pushed it down.
an A+ is calculated as 4.3 or so
some people end up with GPA significantly higher than 4.0..

thanks for the reply ..so does that mean that schools that don't have an A+ system puts students at a disadvantage?

busdent said:
thanks for the reply ..so does that mean that schools that don't have an A+ system puts students at a disadvantage?
Thats pretty lame. If you go to a school that gives A+ you can have a higher GPA than someone at another school with the same grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUDDS said:
Thats pretty lame. If you go to a school that gives A+ you can have a higher GPA than someone at another school with the same grades.

Yeah.. but an A+ at my school is a 4.00, same as an A
its just in the aadsas calculaltion that it gets inflated..

I benefit from this so take this with a grain of salt but i can tell you, its much harder to get an A+ than it is to get an A

in my school <2% of students in a class get an A+ .. im sure a much higher percentage get A's
I knew aadsas would calculate this way so i always strived for that A+.. and of course to try to do the best i can.

4thQtrDreams said:
Yeah.. but an A+ at my school is a 4.00, same as an A
its just in the aadsas calculaltion that it gets inflated..

I benefit from this so take this with a grain of salt but i can tell you, its much harder to get an A+ than it is to get an A

in my school <2% of students in a class get an A+ .. im sure a much higher percentage get A's
I knew aadsas would calculate this way so i always strived for that A+.. and of course to try to do the best i can.

In my class, 70 percent got A+, 20 percent got A or A- or B+ and the other 10 percent got B,C+,C.... F

I got many A+ !!!
YAY! me ROCK!