GPA calculations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tompharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my GPAs calculated by pharmcas.
OVERALL: 3.27
SCIENCE: 3.13

my PCAT score is a 92
You guys think this is decent enough to get into Nova southeastern or maybe UF?

Members don't see this ad.

my PCAT score is a 92
Nope.

I got GPA calculated by Pharmcas:

Science: 3.87
Maths: 4.0
nonscience 3.87
Overall: 3.89
Pcat 80%

my PCAT score is a 92

Apply early is the only thing I can say. :) Good Luck:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope.

nonscience 3.87
Pcat 80%

how many credits have you taken altogether?

my PCAT score is a 92

i think u have a pretty good chance of getting into nova or uf. i know a few people who got in last year with stats similar to yours. if u have some work experience, then i think u're good to go

I think your looking at average GPA not minimum or range. If the average is 3.4-3.6 that does not mean all people accepted have a 3.4-3.6 or higher that means 50% have higher and 50% lower

I think your looking at average GPA not minimum or range. If the average is 3.4-3.6 that does not mean all people accepted have a 3.4-3.6 or higher that means 50% have higher and 50% lower

i concur. although your gpa and pcat score are important factors of getting accepted, work experiences, community/volunteer services, and other things can help an average-gpa applicant get accepted as well.

Nope.

nonscience 3.87
Pcat 80%

i hope ur joking when u said nope to the person above u bc there scores are pretty good. Just bc u have a high gpa dosnt mean a thing bc how do we know u didnt take easy classes to boost ur Gpa and how do we know that the person with the lower gpa didnt take alot of upper division courses.

i hope ur joking when u said nope to the person above u bc there scores are pretty good. Just bc u have a high gpa dosnt mean a thing bc how do we know u didnt take easy classes to boost ur Gpa and how do we know that the person with the lower gpa didnt take alot of upper division courses.
I know Nova more than you do. I had an interview with them last week. They do not even have my Pcat score yet. They just asked me how do you think you did? Gpa is more important to Nova than the Pcat. That is why I said "No" to him. He can try to apply, but a friend of mine had GPA 3.3 and she did not get accepted until her third try. She had to take more university credits to boost her Gpa to 3.5 to get in this year. Her pcat is 94%, and GPA is 3.3. They do not even call her in the first time. Second time, they rejected her for a reason : low GPA. Third time, she got accepted.