GPA calculations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbladen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...
I'm brand new to the pharmacy forum and I'm finding it a big help! I am in pre-pharmacy at Purdue and I'm looking to transfer to UK, Pittsburgh, Sullivan, and others. I realized that for all the schools I'm looking at, none of them required a lot of course that I had to take at Purdue (2 semesters of Anatomy, and extra semester of calculus, etc.). Does anybody know what schools look at when they consider GPA (do they look at every class you've taken, or do they look at grades from the classes they require only)? I've gotten great grades if you don't look at all the extra stuff Purdue requires, but if that's included, the GPA drops below 3.0. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys...
I'm brand new to the pharmacy forum and I'm finding it a big help! I am in pre-pharmacy at Purdue and I'm looking to transfer to UK, Pittsburgh, Sullivan, and others. I realized that for all the schools I'm looking at, none of them required a lot of course that I had to take at Purdue (2 semesters of Anatomy, and extra semester of calculus, etc.). Does anybody know what schools look at when they consider GPA (do they look at every class you've taken, or do they look at grades from the classes they require only)? I've gotten great grades if you don't look at all the extra stuff Purdue requires, but if that's included, the GPA drops below 3.0. Thanks.

In general, schools will look at 2 different GPAs. 1) your cumulative GPA, and 2) your science GPA (which is all of the courses they require for admission).

Some schools go strictly off prepharm GPA, do some research they are out there.

HTH

i was engineering before i switched over to pharmacy so ive taken 4 calculus classes and some egr classes, C in Cal III, D in Egr class....will that factor in the science gpa?