GPA Enhance Programs with Guaranteed Med School Acceptanc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxabi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board so I apologize if this thread has already been created - I was unable to find one specifically with this question.

I am looking for Post-Bac programs with granted acceptances to med school (obviously based on a minimum GPA/MCAT score).

The only one I've found so far is Temple's ACMS program, any others that you know would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board so I apologize if this thread has already been created - I was unable to find one specifically with this question.

I am looking for Post-Bac programs with granted acceptances to med school (obviously based on a minimum GPA/MCAT score).

The only one I've found so far is Temple's ACMS program, any others that you know would be much appreciated.

Tulane ACP is close to a guaranteed acceptance as long as you beat the med school average in anatomy and histology. However, you have to be on a med school or osteopathic school waitlist to even apply to Tulane ACP. Also, the acceptance isn't technically guaranteed but it's very, very close to guaranteed as long as you beat the med school average. Temple is the only one that technically guarantees med school acceptance.

Other than that, there are no academic enhancement programs that guarantee med school acceptance unless you are a URM.

Tulane ACP is close to a guaranteed acceptance as long as you beat the med school average in anatomy and histology. However, you have to be on a med school or osteopathic school waitlist to even apply to Tulane ACP. Also, the acceptance isn't technically guaranteed but it's very, very close to guaranteed as long as you beat the med school average. Temple is the only one that technically guarantees med school acceptance.

Other than that, there are no academic enhancement programs that guarantee med school acceptance unless you are a URM.
I am an underrepresented minority in some cases for med school applicants, and i come from an educationally disadvantaged background. What are those programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're a URM and educationally disadvantaged, there seem to be a lot of programs out there with guaranteed acceptance to med school. Drexel has one as well (DPMS).

By the way, the average cGPA for Temple ACMS is 3.49, so it's an academic enhancement program that takes a lot of people that don't even need academic enhancement.

Georgetown GEMS, Ohio State Medpath, Michigan State ABLE are a few that I've heard of. Why don't you use this to do some of your own research?

https://services.aamc.org/postbac/

I can honestly say that the Georgetown GEMS program is NOT a GUARANTEE to admission by a long shot. Yes, you have a good shot and they take >80% of the class on average every year but it's not guaranteed. You actually have to put in the work to be given an interview and then acceptance. I can't speak for the other programs mentioned but I have a hard time believing anything is guaranteed in this world.

I'm sorry, I did not know that search engine existed. Thank you for the insight.

Wow...neither was I. I also have the latest MSAR - I wonder if that will give more precise info on these programs? I searched for Drexel IMS in the MSAR too and could not find it.

I realize that this database is not precise and will categorize, but for whatever reason I don't trust it. For example, for Drexel IMS, here is the data...

Enrollment 101+
Applied to Medical School Previous Year 51+
Accepted to Medical School Previous Year 51+

Now, I get that this can mean 100 people applied and 52 got in. However, 51+ acceptances for Drexel during the same year when ~70 apply isn't shabby. I got the 70 from past SDN posts.

Wow...neither was I. I also have the latest MSAR - I wonder if that will give more precise info on these programs? I searched for Drexel IMS in the MSAR too and could not find it.
.... what does MSAR stand for?.....

I realize that this database is not precise and will categorize, but for whatever reason I don't trust it.

Now, I get that this can mean 100 people applied and 52 got in. However, 51+ acceptances for Drexel during the same year when ~70 apply isn't shabby. I got the 70 from past SDN posts.
You shouldn't trust it - the AAMC run thing is uber outdated, and generally crappy. Its better just to google and call schools directly for data

.... what does MSAR stand for?.....

It's a pretty dumb acronym.

The MSAR® (Medical School Admission Requirements) is a trusted source for information about medical schools and combined B.S./M.D. programs.

It's the official AAMC guide.

And thanks for the tip. I agree.