GPA/GRE etc.

Started by etiush
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

etiush

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone share their GPA/GRE/other scores with me?
I can't stop hearing "it's too hard to get to vet school" - what can I do, it is what I want... I'm still working on getting my grades up (last year of B.S in life sciences), and I still need to take the GRE and TOEFL (i'm international US citizen). Please give me hope!
 
Can anyone share their GPA/GRE/other scores with me?
I can't stop hearing "it's too hard to get to vet school" - what can I do, it is what I want... I'm still working on getting my grades up (last year of B.S in life sciences), and I still need to take the GRE and TOEFL (i'm international US citizen). Please give me hope!

I'd do a search of some of the old threads. There is already a lot of info posted about this topic from last cycle.
 
I found that the average for most schools is about 3.5-3.6 for overall and a little higher for the science classes. For GRE, usually considered competitive if the individual verbal and math scores are over 500. The writing is less important, but over 4 probably. It's not just the gpa and gre, but also experience. And they seem to like people who stand out in the applicant pool. I feel if you work hard enough, it's always possible to go. It depends on how hard you want to work to get there! 🙂