Gpa help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have an overall of 3.31
and dat score of say 21
with a science gpa of 3.4~3.45

would I have a chance anywhere assuming the LOR, and statement are good

Members don't see this ad.

If I have an overall of 3.31
and dat score of say 21
with a science gpa of 3.4~3.45

would I have a chance anywhere assuming the LOR, and statement are good

How you do in an interview will be a big factor too.

Your GPA is slightly below average, and that DAT is above average, so that about evens out to Average Stats for accepted students. I had a 3.01 sGPA, 3.35cGPA and 22AA, plus a ton of other factors also go into it.

Grades and DAT are only about 2/3 of the weight of what goes into an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im taking lots of courses to boost my gpa but i have to earn all A's to achieve the 3.31.

I have a 3.16 right now. I used a gpa calculator and unless I get an A or A- in the eight classes I am about to take. My gpa will suck. What do you think I should do?

I am in the same boat! I need all A's my senior year in college to graduate with at least a 3.2 and above. So this year I am working my ass off to get all A's. Then next June I will apply to dental school given that my DAT scores (which I am taking in August) will be in the high 20's. After the graduate I am also going get my masters in Biomedical Science at Barry University. So I hope to be done with my master's in 2011 and matriculate into dental school fall 2011.

Not only work your ass off to get A's but work your ass off and get 23s on the DAT. easier said than done obviously. This is if you haven't taken the DAT yet but by the tone of your post it sounds like you haven't. But even with a 21, depending on your ECs and interviews and all that you have a decent shot at a bunch of schools.