GPA Inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1029873

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the AMCAS course classification guide it looks like your classes will not be classified as BCPM but HEAL. If they determine otherwise, you can contest it. Additionally, graduate GPA is listed as separate from undergraduate GPA so I wouldn’t worry as much.

That being said, how are you able to apply to medical school without earning a bachelors degree?

Based on the AMCAS course classification guide it looks like your classes will not be classified as BCPM but HEAL. If they determine otherwise, you can contest it. Additionally, graduate GPA is listed as separate from undergraduate GPA so I wouldn’t worry as much.

That being said, how are you able to apply to medical school without earning a bachelors degree?
Thank you so much for this relief. I already dumped 2k today to send my application to the schools. And I only found out AFTER that a science Grad GPA exists. Im hoping they'll leave it as HEAL or if they don't I might contest it.

So good question, I emailed all the schools I applied to and 99% of them said they can take a PharmD in-lieu of a Bachelor's

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I see, I suppose that's good news

2) Okay cool, so maybe it will be then characterized as HEAL so that's more good news

3) I sort of figured this, since it's also most recent, even though I hear "grad gpa doesn't matter" I believe I would be (and ofc SMP's) are an exception

4) I wouldn't mind nonbcpm lowered, I'd rather want a 3.39 non-BCPM and not a 2.9 BCPM

5) Good question, so I had an upward trend, going from CC to PharmD it's not surprising did poorly in my first year. First semester I got a 2.4 all the way to a 3.4 cumulative now. The point to make it non BCPM is so I wouldn't be judged off that bat, I'd assume ADCOMs would see a 2.9 BCPM and toss my app. When in fact in the upcoming years with significantly harder clinical courses (that are not considered BCPM) I excelled in.

I do have a question for you, my MCAT is in August first, what's the minimum score I need for MD, as well do you believe I should do an SMP ?

For matriculants, the average MCAT is 511. Focus on getting the best score you can get rather than the minimum score you need. SDN has a table where it indicates your % of being accepted based on your GPA and MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users