GPA Question for In-Progress Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTtech0715

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've submitted all of my applications to PTCAS as well as supplemental applications. I still have Physics 1 and 2 to complete (I'm in Phys 1 now, plan to be in Phys 2 in the spring.) My question is, will the grade I get in these physics classes be factored into my GPA, even though my app has been processed/reviewed? How does that work?

This may be a question that varies school to school, but if anyone has some insight that would be awesome!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I'm told by one university, your cGPA and pGPA will be what it is when the schools review your application. Your Phys II grade won't be on an official transcript until May; thus, they'll have to review your application based on your current grade trends. If you're accepted, it means that they think you're a strong enough applicant and that you'll most likely do well in the outstanding prerequisites. Just be aware that your acceptance still requires a minimum of a C in Phys II. Any lower, and the university may not accept it, and they may choose to revoke your acceptance!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
From what I'm told by one university, your cGPA and pGPA will be what it is when the schools review your application. Your Phys II grade won't be on an official transcript until May; thus, they'll have to review your application based on your current grass trends. If you're accepted, it means that they think you're a strong enough applicant and that you'll most likely do well in the outstanding prerequisites. Just be aware that your acceptance still requires a minimum of a C in Phys II. Any lower, and the university may not accept it, and they may choose to revoke your acceptance!
Thank you! That makes me feel better. My science GPA is a not-so-great 3.4, and I was concerned that B's in physics would hurt it even more! Nonetheless, I'll still try my hardest to push for that A. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! That makes me feel better. My science GPA is a not-so-great 3.4, and I was concerned that B's in physics would hurt it even more! Nonetheless, I'll still try my hardest to push for that A. Thanks again!

You're welcome, glad I could help :) I had the same question since I'll have two outstanding prerequisite courses in spring (developmental psychology and medical terminology), but thankfully I was able to tour a local school and ask them in person. They'll basically judge you on what you e-submit now! Could be a good thing for ya since I know physics was a bit of a struggle for me haha

Also, this is an important note for people planning to retake a prerequisite in spring: the school that I asked told me that unfortunately they would not have enough time to see the grade for a repeated course in spring, and your application will be processed WITHOUT this repeated course. So even if you're planning to ace a course that you previously did poorly in, the admissions committee would not be able to use this for consideration. What you can do is ask if they'll accept an updated official transcript, but this may differ on a school-to-school basis

Reactions: 1 user
Also, this is an important note for people planning to retake a prerequisite in spring: the school that I asked told me that unfortunately they would not have enough time to see the grade for a repeated course in spring, and your application will be processed WITHOUT this repeated course. So even if you're planning to ace a course that you previously did poorly in, the admissions committee would not be able to use this for consideration. What you can do is ask if they'll accept an updated official transcript, but this may differ on a school-to-school basis
What courses all go towards your prerequistes GPA? I have another question, Is the Movement Science GPA factored with your science GPA?

For many schools, it's unlikely they will even see your fall grade (depends on when they make interview decisions). Right now, the schools only have the grades you submit. The next time they will see grade changes is in December. So if they made decisions already....it's kind of a wash at that point.

What courses all go towards your prerequistes GPA? I have another question, Is the Movement Science GPA factored with your science GPA?
Oops, forgot to comment on this. No, movement science is not considered in the science GPA.