Gurl21

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
366
0
Status
Would retaking a class that I got a D in and getting an A improve my gpa by more points than just taking an additional class and getting an A in it? I have 100+ credits. Thanks.
 

wammmy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2004
154
0
Cleveland
Status
Gurl21 said:
Would retaking a class that I got a D in and getting an A improve my gpa by more points than just taking an additional class and getting an A in it? I have 100+ credits. Thanks.
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but when AADSAS figures your GPA they will count both the original grade and the repeat. So as long as its not a prereq. I would say just take another class and get an A in it and the AADSAS GPA would be the same. As far as the schools I'm not sure how they look at it. Best bet is that if you have a certain school in mind you may want to call them and ask if it would help.
 

amartins02

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2004
230
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
I am in the same boat. I got a c- in cell bio. I am going to do as well as possible in all other classes after that to show that maybe it wasn't me because if it was then all other gradesw after that should have been low as well. I don't know if I can fit a class into my schedule I might retake but, not super worried about it anymore.
 

helix

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2004
69
0
Status
Hey guys I donno if this is the right place to ask the question, but can someone please explain me how to calculate my GPA. In my transcript I see two GPA's at the end of each semester one says UT=Undergrdauate term and the other says UA=Undergraduate accumulative.
So how would I know my overall GPA for all the semesters and what about my science GPA?? Please help :confused:
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
17
Arizona
Status
Dentist
helix said:
ow my overall GPA for all the semesters and what about my science GPA?? Please help :confused:
Your overall GPA is the cumulative one. Your science GPA is comprised of classes that AADSAS counts as science courses, and must be figured by hand (or wait until you see it on your AADSAS application.
 

helix

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2004
69
0
Status
thanks.
 

Aero047

Another among the masses
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
174
0
Somewhere on earth
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
If you performed badly in your prereq classes, would that still look even worse?
 

BulsangHanNamja

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
83
0
Status
Pharmacist
wammmy said:
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but when AADSAS figures your GPA they will count both the original grade and the repeat. So as long as its not a prereq. I would say just take another class and get an A in it and the AADSAS GPA would be the same. As far as the schools I'm not sure how they look at it. Best bet is that if you have a certain school in mind you may want to call them and ask if it would help.
ok... I made a "C" in my chem I. I might be getting a "C" in my Genetics course too. I was considering on re-taking them over the summer bc i've been hearing that they replace your grade, "grade of forgiveness." So if AADSAS counts both your original and the repeat.. there is no point of retaking? Right now my science gpa is only a 3.0 and its killing me. So far i've taken only bio I and II, Chem I, currently taking chem II and genetics. Should i retake chem I and genetics ? I am doing well in chem II right now... i think i can pull off an A... and if i work my butt off.. i think i can manage a "B" in genetics. I happened to fail my friggn first test :: sighs :: Right now I'm a sophmore. I'm still debating on what i need to do this summer. Still trying to decide which summer i should take physics in. I dont really want to take it durnig a summer which could interfere studying for the DAT. But at the same time I also need to take physics I since it is a pre requiste for Cell. Sorry if i went off topic. Could somebody help me? I appreciate it. Thanks