GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

babakpharm

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some schools require a calculus course and most schools i look at require a 3 credit calc class. I have taken a 3 credit one and 5 credit one. I got an A in the 3 credit one and I got a B in the 5 credit one. Which one will schools calculate in their pre-pharm GPA?
 
why did you take it twice?

i would imagine the schools will look at the one they required.. ie the 3 unit one
 
Some schools require a calculus course and most schools i look at require a 3 credit calc class. I have taken a 3 credit one and 5 credit one. I got an A in the 3 credit one and I got a B in the 5 credit one. Which one will schools calculate in their pre-pharm GPA?

They will calculate both. Unless the school specifically states they take the most recent or better grade, they calculate all courses that qualify as pre-pharm, science, or overall GPA, depending on the one they're calculating.