GPA question

Started by plee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If they say min GPA is 3.0, do they not even look at applications that have a GPA like 2.9? Or is it just a recommendation that it strongly enforced, but not set in stone? If I have a 2.9 undergrad cumulative GPA, how am I able to increase my GPA to at least a 3.0?
 
It depends on the program. What I found to help raise my GPA was to take over some of the science courses which are 4 credit classes. This helps raise the GPA more so than a 3 credit class. Also, some schools will replace your grade if you repeat the class therefore, taking the previous grade earned out of the equation and raising your GPA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn't matter, all I'm saying is assume the worst, hope for the best.
After I applied my sister (who is in med school so her opinion had some credence) said to me "I don't even know why you are applying, you're not even a candidate. They see your stats and they're gonna just throw your application in the trash."

I thought about it, figured hey time to apply to more schools, really don't want to fill out that PTCAS app again lol. Now I try to remind her once a day. Rinse lather ______
 
I believe in assuming the worst and hoping for the best....you essentially never know till you try

Of the 3 rejections I've gotten, I came to view two of them as having thrown me out for not making the cut-off with my undergrad GPA of 2.99. I dont even think that they considered my Masters degree in Kinesiology with a GPA of 3.5. One of them sent me not one but 2 rejetion letters within a week and a half of having my application.

The third school actually made me feel like they considered everything and basically stated that they didn't think that I was competitive enough for their curriculum

Retaking courses is just not an option for me because I feel like I am past the point of retaking basic chemistry or biology just to improve my undergrad GPA by at most 0.05

Apply to more schools, hope for the best....what comes will come 🙂