GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cale

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 3.38 science GPA and a 3.15 accumulative GPA according to aacomas. My GPA for the last 60 credit hours is 3.54. Is this something that will weigh heavily in my favor? I'm hoping this stat will show my drive to increase my GPA. I could take more classes to increase my GPA, but each class (if I get an A) will only increase my GPA by .02. Thanks in advance.

-Cale

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Each place has a different formula and/or weighs GPA trends differently. Some schools stress the MCAT more, some overall GPA, some MCAT sections, some GPA trends, and some any combination of the above.

My GPA for the last 60 credit hours is 3.54. Is this something that will weigh heavily in my favor? I'm hoping this stat will show my drive to increase my GPA.

An upward trend is always better than consistent mediocrity. You should aim to compensate for the low cGPA with a high MCAT, great ECs and LORs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I have a 3.38 science GPA and a 3.15 accumulative GPA according to aacomas. My GPA for the last 60 credit hours is 3.54. Is this something that will weigh heavily in my favor? I'm hoping this stat will show my drive to increase my GPA. I could take more classes to increase my GPA, but each class (if I get an A) will only increase my GPA by .02. Thanks in advance.

-Cale

I think an upward trend is really strong evidence that you are a good candidate. I would try and make appoitments with the admissions cousellors of the schools you are interested in to go over your academics. Combine that with a 28 or better on the MCAT and you should be good.

Hello,

I could take more classes to increase my GPA, but each class (if I get an A) will only increase my GPA by .02. Thanks in advance.

-Cale

With grade replacement, when you retake a class the old grades are thrown out. So if you have any Ds or Fs I would retake those classess