GPA & retaken courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiloxy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if we have to average the new & old grades on repeat classes or do we only use the new grade ? And on the required course section, do we just enter the new grade or both?thx guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I would enter just the new grade if I were you. That's the true measure of your grasp of the material. Good luck!

I would enter just the new grade if I were you. That's the true measure of your grasp of the material. Good luck!

I hope that this is the correct thing to do. If you are unsure or if the directions are unclear, I would call a podiatry school's admissions department or the AACPM. I'm would not trust RalphRaplh's opinion, just read some of his other uninformed posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
If i recall there is a section on the application to mark off that you have repeated courses. Make sure you indicate that you have infact repeated courses. Eventhough your transcript should show that you have taken a course more than once dont rely on that. I would put the last (passing) mark you had and contact the school(s) and make sure that is what they want you to do and that they are aware that you repeated courses. From what i remember there are one or two schools that average your marks and not just take the last or the highest mark. Again call your school to confirm.

In the area where you enter your grade it has a section for repeated grade. I don't really understand what the confusion is, but that means to enter the first grade that you got then on that same page you enter repeated grade where indicated...there is no way to get around this because they will see your transcripts!

In the area where you enter your grade it has a section for repeated grade. I don't really understand what the confusion is, but that means to enter the first grade that you got then on that same page you enter repeated grade where indicated...there is no way to get around this because they will see your transcripts!

You are correct and on top of that if you lie on your application what do you think your chances will be to get into the school? They confirm all information from your application, and even if you were accept, if they catch you lying you are out. Funny but they like honesty.

That is why I say when in doubt call someone b/c if AACPM or an admissions director gives you the wrong info, you will probably be okay. But if it is some idiot on SDN, that is the end of your application.