1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GPA to school - AADSAS or direct transcript

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by euphaire, Jul 30, 2011.

1. euphaire

euphaire Blank
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey everyone,
    I was working on my AADSAS app lately and noticed when adding a course, the course had to be categorized under bio/chem/phy/engl/other sci/non-sci etc. Which made me wonder....
    Do the schools care about sGPA or just the overall GPA? I know in Canada, most schools only care about overall GPA, but the way AADSAS groups courses makes me wonder if how important sGPA is for US dental schools.
    On a totally unrelated note, is anyone losing sleep lately? I'm SO stressed :(

edit: sorry put the wrong title. can't edit the title.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SLOBrule

Pre-Dental
    Yeah. Apparently schools like to look at several different GPAs, which is why AADSAS categorizes it into BCP, science, non-science and overall.

However, when looking at some school websites they will give you in-coming class statistics which tell you the overall and science GPAs. Don't know exactly what each individual school looks at, but my guess is all the different calculated GPAs.