GPA trend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

talbo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
no one replied my message so I am goin to post it here

i have a quesiton for my gpa... i just got verified n the trend goes as follows

high school: 3.79
fresh: 3.89
soph: 3.92
junior: 3.96
senior: 3.80

the last drop is pretty significant i think?

these are for cumulative, AO n BCMP follows the same pattern... i am a reapplicant n last yr my AO:BCMP was 3.90 : 3.92 now it's 3.87 : 3.90...

I have a 5 B/B+ total and 3 of them are from senior year. i worry they will think why i did not as well in my last year compared to the other years.

would this be considered a decreasing trend since my last yr's GPA was the worst of the 4 years? not trying to be over-worried but don't know what adcoms think of this so would like to see input from others. and also cuz i am a re-applicant i sometimes think they will compare it w/ my GPA from the last cycle. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I can not say for sure, but I would think an adcom would not consider this a drop. I do not want to do the math, but I dont think a 0.16 drop is even statistically significant and probably not enough to raise any eyebrows. Honestly with a GPA as high as yours, you have nothing to worry about. I would be more concerned with your MCAT for the schools you are applying to. For example, WashU in St.Louis has an average MCAT of 38 as well as a 3.8~3.9 GPA. Unless you have some unbelievable EC's that you didnt list on your mdapp, I would consider dropping schools like washu and yale.

thanks cheesesteak for the response, i hope adcoms see it like the way you see it, anyone else have any ideas/opinions bout my question?

washU n Yale along with many other skools are a reach for me, my ECs are ok with my strongest category being extensive leadership and maybe my major will help - engineering? the chances i ll get an interview are low but not zero, i am not hopeful or nething, maybe a miracle will happen haha. it's a once in a life time shot, although a most likely predictable result, but nothing is for sure since this game contains too many variables and very unpredictable.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks cheesesteak for the response, i hope adcoms see it like the way you see it, anyone else have any ideas/opinions bout my question?

washU n Yale along with many other skools are a reach for me, my ECs are ok with my strongest category being extensive leadership and maybe my major will help - engineering? the chances i ll get an interview are low but not zero, i am not hopeful or nething, maybe a miracle will happen haha. it's a once in a life time shot, although a most likely predictable result, but nothing is for sure since this game contains too many variables and very unpredictable.

what kind of engineering? adcoms do understand the rigor of engineering curriculums, and are usually a little more forgiving.

i studied electrical engineering

anyone else have an opinion bout the gpa trend?