Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annette22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a gpa 0f 3.38.Do you think I have a chance for pharmacy school.I have the experience and passion.I just do not have the best of gpa's.I looked at pharmcas.Applied to a couple of schools for fall2006.I am scared I might not get in.What should some of us do.Any suggestions for schools to apply to? :)

Members don't see this ad.

annette22 said:
I have a gpa 0f 3.38.Do you think I have a chance for pharmacy school.I have the experience and passion.I just do not have the best of gpa's.I looked at pharmcas.Applied to a couple of schools for fall2006.I am scared I might not get in.What should some of us do.Any suggestions for schools to apply to? :)

A 3.38 is a fine GPA. Many people get into pharmacy school with GPAs lower than that. What schools did you apply to?

Many students do get accepted with a GPA in that range. You may not get into every school you apply to, but you have a decent shot at getting into a school if you apply to more than just a couple. Research your schools' acceptance statistics. There are some good links on this topic in the pre-pharmacy FAQ. Don't avoid applying to any school you really want to go to because of your GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
calrx said:
A 3.38 is a fine GPA. Many people get into pharmacy school with GPAs lower than that. What schools did you apply to?
CAMPBELL
VCU
NOVA
HOWARD
LECOM

bananaface said:
Many students do get accepted with a GPA in that range. You may not get into every school you apply to, but you have a decent shot at getting into a school if you apply to more than just a couple. Research your schools' acceptance statistics. There are some good links on this topic in the pre-pharmacy FAQ. Don't avoid applying to any school you really want to go to because of your GPA.
THANK YOU

How are your pcat scores? That is looked at just as heavily as grades at some schools.

I got in with a 3.27. They know GPA is general not a particularly absolute indicator of intelligence or potential, so they do not rely solely on it.

I have a friend who got into pharm school last year with a 3.09 gpa and 84th percentile pcat. They really do look at the whole person, not just the grades. Interview is important, it's your chance to show them the REAL you.