+/- gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilin1590

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When vet schools calculate your GPA do they remove all +/- and just take the root of the grade (example: B- a school would calculate it as a B) or do they use the +/- when calculating grades.

Members don't see this ad.

When you enter your courses into the VMCAS, they keep the +/-. Just know that if your school awards A+ (4.333), that this will be knocked down to an A (4.0). This doesn't shift the scale or anything, so A is still a 4, A- is still a 3.666 etc

my school didnt have the +/- system for my class, it started later. so i say just prepare urself to have a lower gpa lol it sucks, but what can ya do?? also, however IL calculated my gpa...it was soo much lower. and other people expressed this too in the IL thread. somehow, i squeaked by for an interview though, so you still have a chance if it drops, i bet it was my experiences. thank god experience counts for something at certain schools!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know for Texas A&M's application, they take the base grade. I had a bunch of A-, so I was excited because it boosted my gpa a bunch!

my school didnt have the +/- system for my class, it started later. so i say just prepare urself to have a lower gpa lol it sucks, but what can ya do?? also, however IL calculated my gpa...it was soo much lower. and other people expressed this too in the IL thread. somehow, i squeaked by for an interview though, so you still have a chance if it drops, i bet it was my experiences. thank god experience counts for something at certain schools!!
Ugh! Illinois is my in state too:scared:

Ugh! Illinois is my in state too:scared:

aww dont worry! i still got an interview even with my lower gpa. ok let me check the site.... i have a 3.4 gpa normally, IL gave me a 3.32. I have a 3.2_ sci GPA and IL gave me 3.15. So it is still possible to get an interview from them!!! I was also OOS so if you're IS and have these stats i think you will pass through phase I, and thats all that really matters. They dont take into account your GPA for the final decision after the interview.