GPAs and DATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsudental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
With 26 units so far my post bacc gpa is 3.73 and I am aiming towards 3.85 post bacc with 47 units after Summer 1, which is June 20th, 2020. It will bring all my gpas to slightly above 3.0. (3.03 bcp, 3.04 overall, 3.07 science). I am planning to retake my DAT and score 20s in most sections with no section lower than 17 (It could reading or math). Do you guys think that I have a shot at any dental school like Detroit Mercy or Marquette because I am interested more in attending Detroit Mercy than Marquette.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What happens if in case I get a 20 AA DAT with no section lower than 17?
Maybe a chance but they'd look at your previous attempts and your GPA trends too, so I'm not sure if a 20 would be enough. 21 is about the average of those that matriculate into dental school. Study for it and see what you score and then go from there.

Maybe a chance but they'd look at your previous attempts and your GPA trends too, so I'm not sure if a 20 would be enough. 21 is about the average of those that matriculate into dental school. Study for it and see what you score and then go from there.
Thanks for the compliment! Its extremely helpful!