GPAs at 2 Different schools?

Started by rl91
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rl91

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone shed some positive light and answers? I took my first two semesters of undergrad at a CC with a GPA there then transferred to a University for my last 2 years with another GPA. I retook courses at the same CC after I graduated to raise my pGPA and cGPA but how are the two different GPAs calculated? 🙁
 
For the retakes, it depends on the school. Some will take the highest grade, some will average the grades between the original and the retake.

Your pGPA and cGPA would be calculated from your grades across both schools.
 
Schools calculate things different ways, but PTCAS will count all the retakes instead of just the highest grade. Your overall GPA's will be calculated by combining the schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The general cGPa is calculated simply by averaging every single class/grade you've ever taken at any school. The pGPA will include any first attempts or retakes of any class that is listed on the general pre req list on PTCAS. Those are the GPAs that will appear in PTCAS but different schools may choose to calculate differently. All my schools just used the standard PTCAS calculations.
 
Ahhh, alright that makes things a bit clearer, thanks guys! Just hoping my cGPA raises. I've already looked into the schools that I'm interested in about prereq GPAs.