GPR/AEGD insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentite24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning the process of looking into GPR/AEGDs. I think I'm looking for VA or some non-school-affiliated program (I don't want to work at a dental school that makes you do stuff like help out in preclinic or be a TA, or get cases stolen by specialty residents... but open to suggestions of school programs where this does not happen)

I'm looking to place a lot of implants, get some full mouth rehab experience, and learn 3rd molar extractions and general surgery ability well. Not really looking for a lot of cosmetic/veneer, ortho, denture, endo training.. but obviously at least some is nice because it can complement a lot of the surgical skills I would like to have if planning to do big cases.

Also, do not know how I feel about hospital programs (or anything where I'd be on call)... but if you liked the experience let me know!

And, would like this to at least a 30,000 stipend, I don't want to have another year of losing money.

I'm top ~20th percentile, 4.0 undergrad, not much extracurricular. Any suggestions/insight would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

I know there is a lot of information on this already. But, programs are changing constantly and it is nice to hear the current state of programs. Some I've heard that are decent are San Antonio VA, Einstein, Augusta, St. Petersburg, the foundry, and UNLV... but I really don't know their current state, production statistics, downsides, and how they would fit my desires.

I know there is a lot of information on this already. But, programs are changing constantly and it is nice to hear the current state of programs. Some I've heard that are decent are San Antonio VA, Einstein, Augusta, St. Petersburg, the foundry, and UNLV... but I really don't know their current state, production statistics, downsides, and how they would fit my desires.

Did you manage to find more information about the programs?