Quantcast

GPR/AEGD programs with Endo experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PulpyTooth

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi everyone. I’m looking for a GPR or AEGD with a strong endo experience as well as good exposure to other dental procedures. I’ve combed through both SDN and the programs website and I have a list of programs that seem to have endo experience. I'd love some feedback from anyone on these programs to help me narrow down my list of programs.

I’ve considered both AEGDs and GPRs because there’s a range. Here's what I'm looking for in a program (I know it looks like a lot but I know no program is perfect so a majority would be nice):
-lots of endo experience
-Good amount of clinical dentistry as well as some experience in more advanced procedures eg molar endos, even endo surgery. Implant placement isn’t *that* important to me.
-keeps you busy and enough patients
-helpful director
-location and facilities don't matter too much to me as long as there are patients

These are the programs I’ve heard good things about so far:
-UCLA Westwood AEGD (<- the stipend is pretty low for LA living…but is the program good?)
-VA Long Beach GPR (<- heard it’s super competitive to get into?)
-VA Palo Alto
-UConn AEGD (Has 18 residents! Is having a lot bad?)
-U of Florida Seminole AEGD
-Georgia Health Sciences Univ. AEGD
-Univ of Detroit Mercy AEGD
-Univ of Nebraska GPR
-Lutheran Medical Center AEGD (<-Heard that learning from the online style lectures aren’t good, or are good?)
-SUNY Stonybrook GPR
-VA New York GPR (<-Heard it’s super competitive. If my stats are just middle of the road, should I even try?)
-Albert Einstein GPR
-Temple AEGD
-Baylor AEGD
-Univ of Texas at San Antonio AEGD
-Virginia Commonwealth Univ AEGD

If anyone has any info, I’d love to know which programs are ones to definitely keep and which ones I should take off my list. Or if there are any programs I should add! Thanks!

PulpyTooth

Reaction score
bump

anyone? Can anyone give me more information on the GPR/AEGD programs I listed?

jacksonkelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
I thought I might help a little,
Ive interviewed at Uconn and didnt like it much, yes theyre kept busy but I dont think that the faculty there stand over your shoulder telling you how to do things, i felt its more like you work there no one sees what procedure you're starting and how did you finish it and so on, and thats not how I like to be trained...maybe you would...its a matter of preference

Baylor, I heard from several people that the program is short on faculty, residents arent able to complete their cases, bottom line residents werent happy

I dont know about the rest of the programs you mentioned, but have considered UTexas at Houston? its a very very strong program!
also Nova is strong in endo
I heard VCU is strong in prosth not sure about endo really but I heard that AEGD there is strong. Also Oklahoma AEGD is very solid

you might want to contact residents or program directors, perhaps ask them to visit to get a better picture. If you like endo so much why dont you apply to endo residency or fellowship?

I hope this helps

HupHolland

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m looking for a GPR or AEGD with a strong endo experience as well as good exposure to other dental procedures. I’ve combed through both SDN and the programs website and I have a list of programs that seem to have endo experience. I'd love some feedback from anyone on these programs to help me narrow down my list of programs.

I’ve considered both AEGDs and GPRs because there’s a range. Here's what I'm looking for in a program (I know it looks like a lot but I know no program is perfect so a majority would be nice):
-lots of endo experience
-Good amount of clinical dentistry as well as some experience in more advanced procedures eg molar endos, even endo surgery. Implant placement isn’t *that* important to me.
-keeps you busy and enough patients
-helpful director
-location and facilities don't matter too much to me as long as there are patients

These are the programs I’ve heard good things about so far:
-UCLA Westwood AEGD (<- the stipend is pretty low for LA living…but is the program good?)
-VA Long Beach GPR (<- heard it’s super competitive to get into?)
-VA Palo Alto
-UConn AEGD (Has 18 residents! Is having a lot bad?)
-U of Florida Seminole AEGD
-Georgia Health Sciences Univ. AEGD
-Univ of Detroit Mercy AEGD
-Univ of Nebraska GPR
-Lutheran Medical Center AEGD (<-Heard that learning from the online style lectures aren’t good, or are good?)
-SUNY Stonybrook GPR
-VA New York GPR (<-Heard it’s super competitive. If my stats are just middle of the road, should I even try?)
-Albert Einstein GPR
-Temple AEGD
-Baylor AEGD
-Univ of Texas at San Antonio AEGD
-Virginia Commonwealth Univ AEGD

If anyone has any info, I’d love to know which programs are ones to definitely keep and which ones I should take off my list. Or if there are any programs I should add! Thanks!

I don't attend LMC AEGD but my program uses their online series for our lecture component and I have found the lectures great. I think the series is very comprehensive, much more so than other programs with traditional "live" lectures.