Grabbing DO schools by the p****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted812153

1. cGPA and sGPA: 3.3, 3.4. GPA something like this: 2.5,3, 3.7, 3.7, 3.24, 3.4, 3.5, 3.3 (summer semesters unincluded but similar). I thoroughly ****ed up my Freshman year. I got a D in sociology somehow and did terribly in lib-arts gen-eds
  2. MCAT score(s): TBD
  3. State of residence: Jersey
  4. Ethnicity: White/orange-American
  5. Undergraduate institution: QU
  6. Clinical experience 40h volunteering as a soph at a nursing ward; working on building more at the loony bin
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~300ish hours working on a research proj; 1 pub 4th or 5th auth
  8. Shadowing experience: ~100h over 3 years
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 40h-ish at Habitat for Humanity; building up more as time goes on
  10. Letters: Can get a rave review from a science prof, an okay one from my research prof, and have a DO letter on lockdown
I am, and have always been, a bare minimum kind of person. I'll take the ****tiest American school you got. Will go anywhere. Want to do psych in particular.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Your volunteering is as deplorable as the current border control. I suggest building a volunteering wall asap, and when you are done with it, be sure to make it 10 ft higher.

Reactions: 9 users
Great people, fantastic people, phenomenal people.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not the best GPA, but you can probably get in to a DO school somewhere with a 504+ MCAT. But you haven't taken it yet. Sad!

Reactions: 2 users
Not the best GPA, but you can probably get in to a DO school somewhere with a 504+ MCAT. But you haven't taken it yet. Sad!

LOL hahahahahahahha

I legit crack up every time I hear him say this...

The uneven performance and downward trend as you progressed mark you as a somewhat risky applicant.

MCAT will obviously make or break you.

And as of right now, you have too few patient contact hours, and too few volunteering hours.

1. cGPA and sGPA: 3.3, 3.4. GPA something like this: 2.5,3, 3.7, 3.7, 3.24, 3.4, 3.5, 3.3 (summer semesters unincluded but similar). I thoroughly ****ed up my Freshman year. I got a D in sociology somehow and did terribly in lib-arts gen-eds
  2. MCAT score(s): TBD
  3. State of residence: Jersey
  4. Ethnicity: White/orange-American
  5. Undergraduate institution: QU
  6. Clinical experience 40h volunteering as a soph at a nursing ward; working on building more at the loony bin
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~300ish hours working on a research proj; 1 pub 4th or 5th auth
  8. Shadowing experience: ~100h over 3 years
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 40h-ish at Habitat for Humanity; building up more as time goes on
  10. Letters: Can get a rave review from a science prof, an okay one from my research prof, and have a DO letter on lockdown
I am, and have always been, a bare minimum kind of person. I'll take the ****tiest American school you got. Will go anywhere. Want to do psych in particular.

As for the downward trend, it's because I did almost all of my major (biomedical) in the last two years. There was a learning curve from 2 science classes in Soph II to 5 in Junior 1. Does that count for anything?

No, because it telegraphs that you have difficulty with rigorous coursework. Med school will be 3-5x harder than what you're dealing with now, at a minimum.

As for the downward trend, it's because I did almost all of my major (biomedical) in the last two years. There was a learning curve from 2 science classes in Soph II to 5 in Junior 1. Does that count for anything?