Grad Plus Loan Eligibility?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznboi89x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it is credit-based loan but I have no credit history due to not having a credit card. I am not defaulted on anything since I never borrowed anything. I called Boston University's financial aid office and they said "They rather give the loan to a person with no credit history than someone with bad credit (such has defaults or bankruptcy)."

problem is: this person didn't seem sure about it.

for record: I just applied for a credit card for the first time and I hope it will give me some credit history to get the Grad plus loan.

Anyone know if you can get Grad plus loan W/O Credit history?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys! i was worried for a bit there. whew

Pretty sure it will be part of you loan package from submitting your FAFSA.

when u do your FAFSA, u need to enter your school code number and thats it i guess

I know it is credit-based loan but I have no credit history due to not having a credit card. I am not defaulted on anything since I never borrowed anything. I called Boston University's financial aid office and they said "They rather give the loan to a person with no credit history than someone with bad credit (such has defaults or bankruptcy)."

problem is: this person didn't seem sure about it.

for record: I just applied for a credit card for the first time and I hope it will give me some credit history to get the Grad plus loan.

Anyone know if you can get Grad plus loan W/O Credit history?

pretty much most sub 20 year old DS1 students are like you... either they have no credit, 1 credit card with 20 dollar limit, or even some have never worked a day in their life.

pretty much everyone gets graduate plus (and no co-signer needed). The one time you might be in trouble is if you have a HORRIBLE credit score (Im talking below 450).

as long as you don't have any payments 90 days past due you are fine.