Grad school finances???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Jamie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, i'm on my second admissions cycle for D school, and now I have to prepare for the coming year if nothing happens (which is looking to be the case). Anyway, I went back to school after my undergraduate degree and did a student at large type thing and got a 3.0 in graduate science classes, full time, while working about 30hrs a week. Anyway, I'm moving to a new city with my boyfriend, and this city happens to be where my target dental school is, which is encouraging my move. So the question is, if I can get into a Masters program in Biology at this same school, what kind of financial aid do masters programs offer? I will be living with someone, so I can't just mooch off him all day. I need to be able to pay some rent, and basic expenses. I've heard grad students get tuition waivers, research money, teaching money, etc. Anyone in this situation? How is your financial situation. Also, i'm no stranger to loans, I've taken out a ton, I would like to minimize it though. Any advice would be great!

Members don't see this ad.