Grade on non science class.

Started by ibtech
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ibtech

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got D on my Linguistics class....

I know that it is not pre-req. class but will this still have bad effect for pharm D admission?

Since it's only 1 class, it does not damage my GPA too much
and it is non-science class so, I'm planning not to retake it...

will this be bad decision?
 
I would say absolutely not. I just got accepted at two pharmacy schools so far and my freshman year grades were atrocious. I went to school in Canada and our courses were year long and I got a D on one of them. My freshman year I had a 2.6, but then I went on and got a Bachelors so I was able to to bring my cGPA up with higher grades later, but DO NOT be discouraged by one bad grade especially in a non pre-req course.
 
Well, a D isn't going to have any other affect on your application than bad. A D won't kill your chances for application however. I got a D in an accounting class and got into multiple pharmacy schools. The big reason why I was able to overcome it was by retaking the class and getting an A. I suggest that you do the same even though it's a non-prereq. The better grade helps removes any doubts that you have a potential issue with completing the pharmacy curriculum, which is why schools look at GPA.