Grade on non science class.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibtech

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got D on my Linguistics class....

I know that it is not pre-req. class but will this still have bad effect for pharm D admission?

Since it's only 1 class, it does not damage my GPA too much
and it is non-science class so, I'm planning not to retake it...

will this be bad decision?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say absolutely not. I just got accepted at two pharmacy schools so far and my freshman year grades were atrocious. I went to school in Canada and our courses were year long and I got a D on one of them. My freshman year I had a 2.6, but then I went on and got a Bachelors so I was able to to bring my cGPA up with higher grades later, but DO NOT be discouraged by one bad grade especially in a non pre-req course.

Well, a D isn't going to have any other affect on your application than bad. A D won't kill your chances for application however. I got a D in an accounting class and got into multiple pharmacy schools. The big reason why I was able to overcome it was by retaking the class and getting an A. I suggest that you do the same even though it's a non-prereq. The better grade helps removes any doubts that you have a potential issue with completing the pharmacy curriculum, which is why schools look at GPA.