• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.
  • Seeking Outstanding Advisors
    If you have benefited from an amazing advisor, nominate them for the 2024 Advisor of the Year Award! Accepting nominations now through March 31st.

Grade Recalculation Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Othello

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how podiatry schools recalculate grades. I'm retaking Differential Equations at a CC after getting a D the first time around. I was wondering how Podiatry schools would recalculate this course into my GPA.

The course at the CC is 5 credits and I'm confident I can get an A, while the course at my college was for 3 credits.

Thanks for the help guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, they count everything. Doesn't matter if it's a retake or not. So you would have 3 credits worth of a D and 5 credits worth if an A. A solid D would count as a 1.0 (x3) and a solid A would count as a 4.0 (x5). So they would average to about a 2.88.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Well, they count everything. Doesn't matter if it's a retake or not. So you would have 3 credits worth of a D and 5 credits worth if an A. A solid D would count as a 1.0 (x3) and a solid A would count as a 4.0 (x5). So they would average to about a 2.88.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Thanks man.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sucks how much one D can bring down your whole GPA :(