Grade replacement question.. Help needed!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thekiterunner89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know grade replacement works only if you take a class for the same credits or more. However, I'm having a crisis with this issue.

So i took a Physics class last year and got an F but that was at a different school than what I attend. It was 5 credits and i have been trying to take retake it at the same college but haven't been able to.
The closest class I found is 4.5 credits, would it be advisable for me to take this class or not?

This is the only class I need to retake before applying to med school this summer. Been trying for months to retake haven't been successful with equal # of credits.

Any suggestions welcome
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The retake has to be of equal or greater credits, so the 4.5 credits won't replace the 5 credit class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Theres one class that is 3 credits lecture and 2 for lab- will that total of 5 count as equivalent?

Theres one class that is 3 credits lecture and 2 for lab- will that total of 5 count as equivalent?
3 + 2 = 5

Yes, however, you will probably have to get in touch with AACOMAS in order for that replacement to go smoothly

3 + 2 = 5

Yes, however, you will probably have to get in touch with AACOMAS in order for that replacement to go smoothly
Lol i can do the math.
I specifically bought it up because i was hoping someone who has had a similar experience would share whether aacomas was understanding about this. I don't know where, but I read that aacomas doesn't count lect+lab as a retake equivalent. Trying to find it on their website but its just a repitition.
Thanks tho

Lol i can do the math.
I specifically bought it up because i was hoping someone who has had a similar experience would share whether aacomas was understanding about this. I don't know where, but I read that aacomas doesn't count lect+lab as a retake equivalent. Trying to find it on their website but its just a repitition.
Thanks tho
You will read a lot of false info about grade replacements. Call and ask.