Grade Replacement Stigma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adrian710

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does retaking classes look bad? I plan on retaking 5 pre-req classes: Gen Chem 1, Gen Chem 2 (already retook once), Physics 1, Physics 2, and Bio 2 (Should I? Got a B first time around).

I'm so bad at gen chem and physics!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the general consensus is that you should only retake if you get anything below a B- in a pre-requisite. Also, if retaking classes looked bad, the many people who are now in medical school who had may retakes in undergrad would not be in med school. Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't retake a B. Just be careful with doing too many retakes. I'd go for doing a few retakes that you received a C in and getting A's in upper division science courses. Those new A's will show the admin more than redoing an intro to Bio class and getting an A the 2nd time around.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does retaking classes look bad? I plan on retaking 5 pre-req classes: Gen Chem 1, Gen Chem 2 (already retook once), Physics 1, Physics 2, and Bio 2 (Should I? Got a B first time around).

I'm so bad at gen chem and physics!

I'm retaking all of my C's in gen chem, physics, Micro, and part of Ochem, but I've also added on A&P, Genetics as well as some other science classes which I've gotten A's in (did not have the right study habits/motivation in undergrad). I think as long as you maintain a high GPA with these retakes, it will only help you and show that you're now stronger than you were before. Good luck!

Retaking Cs is a good idea. Sure, it would have look better if you got an A or B in the first place, but retaking it isn't a bad option, especially consider that @Goro is encouraging it.

Retaking Bs isn't worth it.