Grade Replacement: Upper Div -> Lower Div Course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dohopeful12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So a little bit of background for those not familiar with UC courses:
1-99 = lower div
100-199 = upper div

I took a genetics course at UCSD, which is counted as an upper div course, and got a C.

I plan on retaking it at UCI since I graduated from UCSD and live in Irvine now, but it's counted as a lower div course, will I still be able to do the grade replacement if I take it at UCI?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It worked for me.

I took an upper division course titled "Microbiology" at my UC and it was replaced by the CC course called "General Microbiology" I am applying this cycle so AACOMAS replaced it with no problem.

As long as the course titles are similar you should be fine.

For example, if you wanted to take "human genetics" and wanted to replace your "genetics and genomes" course then it may not work.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

So a little bit of background for those not familiar with UC courses:
1-99 = lower div
100-199 = upper div

I took a genetics course at UCSD, which is counted as an upper div course, and got a C.

I plan on retaking it at UCI since I graduated from UCSD and live in Irvine now, but it's counted as a lower div course, will I still be able to do the grade replacement if I take it at UCI?

Thanks in advance.
Hey I'm from UCSD too!!!! Did you take it recently? :oops: I might of been in your class! I took it a year ago or so!