grades after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the phil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if schools care if you get mediocre grades after they accept you. I've gotten into both schools I've interviewed at so far and I know I'll be happy at either one. Would a couple of C's or a W make them retract my acceptance? Especially if they're not in classes for my major?

Members don't see this ad.

So, if you become a doctor, you'll be Doctor Phil? Ha! :laugh:

Look it doesn't matter what grades you get after you've been accepted provided that-
1. you pass all your premedical requirements (ie-Chem, physics, BIology)
2. you get your degree.

Anything else goes.

In reallity you don't even need your degree. All you have to have is that 90 hours applied to a Bachelors, and you pre-reqs. Once they have excepted you your are in, from what i know. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Quakkilla said:
In reallity you don't even need your degree. All you have to have is that 90 hours applied to a Bachelors, and you pre-reqs. Once they have excepted you your are in, from what i know. :thumbup:

Really...?

I'm pretty sure that having an actual bachelor's degree is a requirement for 99% of US medical schools.

Grades just don't matter that much once you get an acceptance.

That said, your degree will be on your Curriculum Vitae. So your GPA and any honors received will be listed.

thanks for the responses, I have major senioritis now and it's been crazy trying to keep up with classes while interviewing

the phil said:
thanks for the responses, I have major senioritis now and it's been crazy trying to keep up with classes while interviewing
I have got it in a major way. I am gonna try to get A's but it's not looking good and I'm not really too concerned. Don't worry about it but don't shoot for C's either b/c anything less might get you into problems. Good luck and enjoy!