Grades after Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

What kind of grades do you have to get in order to keep your acceptance?
Case wrote "complete your classes" ....NYU wrote "satisfactory grades". Are C's acceptable?

Members don't see this ad.

Really? NYU said maintain "the high standard that we admitted you with"

Members don't see this ad :)
I know, I am a bit worried. We had an INSANE biochem final and I have no idea what it is going to do to my grade. I missed about 8 days of class due to interviews.

What kind of grades do you have to get in order to keep your acceptance?
Case wrote "complete your classes" ....NYU wrote "satisfactory grades". Are C's acceptable?

Upenn says C

This is from NYU..."maintian a satisfactory academic record that is expected to be of the same high standards as those upon which we based your acceptance"...so for me it's an A-.....which is kindda impossible.

Case sounds like they want you to pass all the classes you said you would. It sounds simple to me.

Complete means pass to me.

anybody heard of any crazy stories like...some kid got his acceptance taken away because he got a D or a C...or something along that line???????

For most schools it's just earning a C in the class. Specifically for NYU, you gotta figure that a C is fine, regardless of that "high standard" mumbo-jumbo. They want you to matriculate. This is true of nearly every school. You've committed to them, and they aren't going to send you packing prior to starting classes. You are one of theirs now, and they want you to do well.

anybody heard of any crazy stories like...some kid got his acceptance taken away because he got a D or a C...or something along that line???????

im getting scared now... man.

i got accepted to NYU and tried to keep my grades above a C this semester.. but taking 19 units this semester with biochemistry, endocrinology, human anatomy and evo just about killed me.

i just found out that i got a c- :eek: in evo. how bad is that? acceptable? ill call nyu tomorrow morning to find out before i send out that 1500 check deposit.

i also wanted to know if it would be okay to get a below passing grade and then retake it with a better grade. ill post what admissions says tomorrow if anyone wants to hear about it.

I know a friend who when accepted to medical school was told not to let her GPA decrease drasticaly. I interpretted this as being don't get toomany C's. A couple mediocre grades at the end won't completely kill a GPA.

I asked maryland and they shyed away from giving a standard, just the ambiguous 'maintain your past record' bit