Grades after E-submitting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnydecember

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my grades for fall quarter and I received a C and C- in two of my classes that are pre-reqs. I got some interview invitations but I was wondering how much grades affect your chance of acceptance after you've already e-submitted. I'm not going to do the academic update. Do schools care about your grades after they accept you or does it not matter as long as you pass?

Members don't see this ad.

wait...so you don't have to update your academic records on optomcas? i thought you had to update them if you took courses?!?

I was accepted by Nova a month ago while still finishing anatomy. My acceptance said that I must receive a C in this prereq. My understanding is this is the same for all these schools and that you must update optomcas by February 15th.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i don't think you HAVE to do the academic update. It's only if you would like to update it I think...but please correct me if I'm wrong.

i'm pretty sure they will want the grades of all prerequisites - especially ones you just finished in the fall

I think you have to update grades as well. Also, some of the schools I was accepted to had the condition that my grades for senior year had to be up to the level of my previous academic work-not just passing. So, I think it really depends on the school as to how they feel about new grades.