Grades have dropped since I started Organ Systems. How bad is that in terms of step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rodmichael82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prior to Organ Systems during M2 my grades were always "Honors". Ever since I started organ system my grades have just been class average or slightly lower. We have covered Renal, Respiratory, Endocrine, Hematology/Oncology and I can't say I have enjoyed any of these sections. Everyone on SDN keeps emphasizing focusing on classes is key to success on boards. Even after hard work, I have been keeping up with class and on top of it Pathoma, First Aid for each organ system but it's not translating into high grades on class exams. How much will this hurt me for boards considering my goal is 240, is that even realistic?

Edit:- I forgot to mention I have been doing Uworld for each of the Organ systems and generally scoring around 60 % non-randomized.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you doing questions? Do questions. Pathoma is good stuff; drop the FA for now and do more Qs/

Members don't see this ad :)
I have such a hard time relating to your posts about this stuff. Just focus on understanding your material! Continuously asking yourself what more you could better grasp on each topic they've included in your syllabus - look for outside correlations in your free/fun time. I bet Step I questions will look like cake icing after enough of that.

Like many others, you are confounding class performance with board performance. Regardless of how you do in class, if you know the material in board review books and question banks, you will do well on Step 1. People who work hard and are intelligent tend to do well on class exams. Intelligence and diligence are also qualities that lend themselves to doing well on Step 1. Your class grade is irrelevant. Your knowledge is paramount.