Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just go to a Community College

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

grapp

EMT-A Firefighter
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, and thanks for checking out the post. I'm graduating high school one year early and would like to know if this will help my chance in joining colleges..

My freshman GPA was pretty bad, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, not quite inspired.

My sophomore GPA was okay, it wasn't the worst but it certainly wasn't great.

My senior GPA is and is now currently amazing, I'm on a 3.8-4.4 GPA taking 5 or 6 college classes that are going amazingly.

Questions:

#1) Will colleges see my overall change?
#2) How much do volunteering hours and overall application play into getting accepted?
#3) How much do letters of recommendation come into play?

My current volunteer hours are:
- 30 Hours with Paramedics.
- 500+ Hours as a Teen Counselor/Mentor.
- Team Leader of Counseling Group Since 2013.

Something that doesn't really fit into volunteer;
- Attended regional bio-fuel science competition.

I have 4 amazing letters of recommendation from teachers and school staff.

I just wanted to know if my odds of getting into college is okay or not, I'm going to a community college first to pull really good grades. I've also pulled a list from friends of good teachers at that school so that they might help me in my pursuit.

-
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

People get into decent colleges with less than you. Relax. You'll be fine.

People get into decent colleges with less than you. Relax. You'll be fine.
Alright, I guess I'm just hoping it gets me into a good one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you even asking if you're going to community college anyway
Because after that I'm going to a 4 year university. They normally look at both high school and college GPA, including the SAT or ACT score.

Because after that I'm going to a 4 year university. They normally look at both high school and college GPA, including the SAT or ACT score.

Most also have linkage programs to state schools where all you need is to maintain a certain GPA at your community college.

Most also have linkage programs to state schools where all you need is to maintain a certain GPA at your community college.
That's awesome to know! Thanks so much for informing me of this. I apperciate it.

Hi there, and thanks for checking out the post. I'm graduating high school one year early and would like to know if this will help my chance in joining colleges..

My freshman GPA was pretty bad, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, not quite inspired.

My sophomore GPA was okay, it wasn't the worst but it certainly wasn't great.

My senior GPA is and is now currently amazing, I'm on a 3.8-4.4 GPA taking 5 or 6 college classes that are going amazingly.

Questions:

#1) Will colleges see my overall change?
#2) How much do volunteering hours and overall application play into getting accepted?
#3) How much do letters of recommendation come into play?

My current volunteer hours are:
- 30 Hours with Paramedics.
- 500+ Hours as a Teen Counselor/Mentor.
- Team Leader of Counseling Group Since 2013.

Something that doesn't really fit into volunteer;
- Attended regional bio-fuel science competition.

I have 4 amazing letters of recommendation from teachers and school staff.

I just wanted to know if my odds of getting into college is okay or not, I'm going to a community college first to pull really good grades. I've also pulled a list from friends of good teachers at that school so that they might help me in my pursuit.

-
Thanks.
Unlike the other advises here, you need an advice that comes from a professional. That is where I come in. You have an exceptional resume and I am assuming your SAT score is on par with your high GPA. If that is the case, I am positive you well get into an exceptional university. Also a heads up, when you apply to medical school they only care about your grades/activities you've done in college; they don't care what you do did in high school. Good lucky my friend.

I had a high school friend who had a very similar jump in his HS GPA. He ended up being a superstar in pre med and matriculated into a very good MD school without a gap year.

I had a high school friend who had a very similar jump in his HS GPA. He ended up being a superstar in pre med and matriculated into a very good MD school without a gap year.
Very cool. I hope I am able to do that as well. Plus do well on the USMLE to get myself a good specialty. ;)