Grades lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WestKelvin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was going over the official AAMC stats 2005-2007 admission to Med school and find that people with really bad MCATs like 5-14 and low GPA like 2.00 still get accepted I wonder how did they do it? Is there anyone on the forum who is like that like any people who got Cs and getting into med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is because they have letters of recommendation from dudes like president obama etc

Probably have connections with the adcoms.

Members don't see this ad :)
i wonder how do those people turn out as doctors lol.

Hi,

I was going over the official AAMC stats 2005-2007 admission to MEd school and find that people with really bad MCATs like 5-14 and low GA like 2.00 still get accepted I wonder how did they do it? Is there anyone on the forum who is like that like any people who got Cs and getting into med schools?

I don't mean to be harsh, but, I think the fact that you don't know how to get accepted that way means you're not getting accepted that way. PEople with the low GPA's often have VERY extenuating circumstances.

The low MCAT, someone posted about a program at some university to where if you were in the program a few years, when you went to apply, you had to take the MCAT, but the score didn't matter. I don't know about you, but if it doesn't matter...I'd honestly call up the Guiness Book of World Records and find out how long the fastest MCAT ever was.

I guess knowing ADCOM people wouldn't hurt either.

I realize your attitude isn't that you want to get a 2.0 and a 5 MCAT. But, just keep doing your best, apply to more than 1 school, and you'll be fine.

I don't mean to be harsh, but, I think the fact that you don't know how to get accepted that way means you're not getting accepted that way. PEople with the low GPA's often have VERY extenuating circumstances.

The low MCAT, someone posted about a program at some university to where if you were in the program a few years, when you went to apply, you had to take the MCAT, but the score didn't matter. I don't know about you, but if it doesn't matter...I'd honestly call up the Guiness Book of World Records and find out how long the fastest MCAT ever was.

I guess knowing ADCOM people wouldn't hurt either.

I realize your attitude isn't that you want to get a 2.0 and a 5 MCAT. But, just keep doing your best, apply to more than 1 school, and you'll be fine.

:laugh:

I think many of those are probably non-trads (explains the GPA?) with excellent stories, like being seriously disadvantaged and trying to study for the MCAT?

All I figure out, dunno.