grades of In progress classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clutzie16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if schools only look at the prerequisite gpa or the gpa as a whole. And also what would be the process of them accepting or rejecting if the grades for some of the prerequisites i am taking are not in yet.

I understand that you dont need to have everything completed before hand but i am afraid they might reject me not even seeing my improved grades for the classes i am taking now

thanks

Julie :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

clutzie16 said:
Hello,

I was wondering if schools only look at the prerequisite gpa or the gpa as a whole. And also what would be the process of them accepting or rejecting if the grades for some of the prerequisites i am taking are not in yet.

I understand that you dont need to have everything completed before hand but i am afraid they might reject me not even seeing my improved grades for the classes i am taking now

thanks

Julie :confused:

As far as I know, both the prerequisite GPA and overall GPA are looked at. If I were to guess which of the two were weighed more heavily, it would be the prerequisite GPA since you can be a Sociology major with straight A's in your soc. classes but then C's and D's in your Bio, Chem, and other prereq classes.

If you are in the process of finishing your prerequisites as you apply, the school will usually give you a "conditional acceptance," should you get accepted. The school usually gives you a minimum passing grade for those classes...I'm not too sure what the minimum grade is but I think it's a C or something like that.

Hello, thanks a lot for the heads up on the GPA. Do you know how schools react to W's on the transcript, if the classes were completed afterwards with good grades? If you have any idea please let me know cause thats my problem.

thank you