Grades pre physical therapy (C-)

Started by JDbiology
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JDbiology

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

Just a question about pre requisites,
I know many schools require "C" or better.
I have an A in gen Chem 1 but a C- in gen Chem 2, I also took a semester of organic and received an A in lab and a B+ in lecture, would schools still consider me with that C-?
 
I was in a similar situation and had to retake Chem 2. You can certainly contact schools individually if you don't see the answer on their website or PTCAS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

Just a question about pre requisites,
I know many schools require "C" or better.
I have an A in gen Chem 1 but a C- in gen Chem 2, I also took a semester of organic and received an A in lab and a B+ in lecture, would schools still consider me with that C-?
I do know that some school only consider grades that higher than C
 
Hello all,

Just a question about pre requisites,
I know many schools require "C" or better.
I have an A in gen Chem 1 but a C- in gen Chem 2, I also took a semester of organic and received an A in lab and a B+ in lecture, would schools still consider me with that C-?

Echoing what the other people on this thread have already said, if it's a pre-req course, most to all schools require it to be a C or higher. Some are more strict and want grades for pre-reqs to be a B- or higher. However, some schools do accept organic chemistry as a pre-req, so you can use that. But, as other people have mentioned, check with the school first.