grades replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barhhb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are quite a few threads about this; it has to be the same course.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cell Bio is not Genetics, so you can't do grade replacement. I'd recommend retaking the course, but if it's your only low grade, it may be overlooked, especially with a degree in the sciences.

Cell Bio is not Genetics, so you can't do grade replacement. I'd recommend retaking the course, but if it's your only low grade, it may be overlooked, especially with a degree in the sciences.

this one grade makes my gpa change from like mid 3.6 to low 3.5; considering the possibility that they might overlook it due to my circumstances at the time and since its the only bad grade, should i go ahead and list it as a replacement so my gpa reflects more accurately the average of all my other grades?

Last edited:
huh? if you haven't retaken the same course at your college/university or the same course at another school you can't list it as a repeat for replacement. period.

this one grade makes my gpa change from like mid 3.6 to low 3.5; considering the possibility that they might overlook it due to my circumstances at the time and since its the only bad grade, should i go ahead and list it as a replacement so my gpa reflects more accurately the average of all my other grades?
Exactly what Cornell08 said. You might want to address why it happened and say that you plan to retake it (if you really are planning on that), but do not list it as having been retaken when it has not. That's just dishonest.

ok; is there a way to explain this grade to the adcoms and do u think they would recalculate it and see the gpa without the failed course?

You must be able to produce a transcript that shows that you have already retaken the course to have it be recalculated. You can explain it all you want, in essays or in interviews, but it will remain calculated into your GPA until you replace it with a new grade in the same class.

ok; is there a way to explain this grade to the adcoms and do u think they would recalculate it and see the gpa without the failed course?
This is why you have essays and interviews. Recalculation of your GPA is their business to do or not to do. Personally, I don't think they will. There's absolutely no need to do it, and besides, they must accurately report their grades. If you're concerned about this, retake the class. Otherwise, stop trying to circumvent it. It sucks what happened and why, but it did happen. If in the future you misdiagnose a patient because of whatever reason, you don't get to take that back.