Grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

micka418

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alrighty. I have a bad habit of getting a B in the first part of the class and then an A in the second part with the exception of physics.
Bio 1-B
Bio 2-A
Chem 1-B
Chem 2-A
Physics 1-B
Physics 2-C
Orgo 1-B
GPA- 3.6

I haven't taken Orgo 2 yet but I will in the fall semester. I haven't taken the MCATs either but that is planned for the January.
Please tell me how badly this is going to affect my chances of getting into medical school and if there is anything, besides retaking classes because financially that is not possible at the time, I can do.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is not horrible. Get an A in Orgo II. Keep getting A's in all your other coursework - do your best to show an "upward trend." And do your best to nail the MCAT. Regardless of what medical schools are your targets, I would recommend doing everything you can to show an upward trajectory from here to application time. Keep your head up.

Alrighty. I have a bad habit of getting a B in the first part of the class and then an A in the second part with the exception of physics.
Bio 1-B
Bio 2-A
Chem 1-B
Chem 2-A
Physics 1-B
Physics 2-C
Orgo 1-B
GPA- 3.6

I haven't taken Orgo 2 yet but I will in the fall semester. I haven't taken the MCATs either but that is planned for the January.
Please tell me how badly this is going to affect my chances of getting into medical school and if there is anything, besides retaking classes because financially that is not possible at the time, I can do.
You'll be fine if you step it up, starting right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bio 1-B
Bio 2-A
Chem 1-B
Chem 2-A
Physics 1-B
Physics 2-C
Orgo 1-B
GPA- 3.6

Math grades are included in AMCAS' BCPM GPA, too. Do you have any of them, like Stats and another college math class? Have you calculated all those grades together?

Are you taking Biochem before the MCAT?