Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omaralt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey sup guys, just wondering about something. i already submitted my AADSAS, and i have a pretty decent gpa. do schools worry about what my gpa is like when i graduate? i mean, does it really matter what my grades are over the summer and next semester, as long as i pass everything? because arent they going to make their decision based on the grades i submit through AADSAS? ha just wondering, dont feel like studying too much for biochem right now over the summer. just lazy i guess. ha thanks guys

omar

Members don't see this ad.

I know that AADSAS sends out a "grade update" form for the future semesters you've indicated on your application. I'm not sure if they do it after you finish summer classes, or just fall classes, or both. In any case, it's probably a good idea to keep on the ball until you get an acceptance letter.

Once you're accepted all you have to do is be able to show your final transcript with all your necessary requirements. Besides that, you can pretty much slack off. Here's a funny story.
My dad got accepted to dental school sometime in the 60's. He totally slacked off in ochem and managed to fail it. During his move from west coast to northwestern the d-school sent him a letter telling him he can't start that fall. He didn't get the letter and showed up at the office ready for school and they said, "uhh, you don't go here." So he had to call his ochem proffesor and beg for a D. Back then things took a little longer so for a week he stayed at some students house with his wife not knowing if he would get in. The teacher finally gave him the D so he got in but it was a pretty close call.

hha thats hilarious. so u guys are saying that if i get accepted say in december, then in the spring semester, i can get straight C's and still be in? i mean do dental schools accept u based on that u get a B or something in all classes? ha thanks guys

omar