Grades

Started by PB2464
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PB2464

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how if there is a difference between an A and A- on a med school app?
The school where I'm currently doing my post-bacc uses this scale. So, does an A- still count as a A?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a difference between how MD/DO grades are calculated?

Oh yeah. My science GPA is a full half point higher for DO. It's higher for TMDSAS as well.

From where I sit, TMDSAS is more generous because they include computer science as math. AACOMAS is more generous because they don't double-count repeats.
 
i think that for amcas and tmdsas, all A's regardless of the sign that follows counts as a 4.0.
 
i think that for amcas and tmdsas, all A's regardless of the sign that follows counts as a 4.0.

I heard the same thing at one time. That's why I thought I'd ask as I'm on the A/A- border in a couple classes.
 
i think that for amcas and tmdsas, all A's regardless of the sign that follows counts as a 4.0.

Not true. A- is 3.7 and A is 4.0. If you incorrectly list them, your application will be delayed because of verification problems. You can't change an A- to an A.