grades?

Started by amanda5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amanda5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wondering about the grades that are on the transcript when it is send to the college for review.... in my freshmen year, i have taken two science courses and got D's in both due family problems (my grandparents died) and that semester i was mostly out, but later i took it again and one of them i got an A and the other i got a B. is that going to affect my chance at all getting into a dental school???
 
I doubt it. I think everyone has something that happens to them during school. And some schools ask you if anything disrupted your grades/education in applications so you can always elaborate there. Also, that is clearly something you can explain. And you did very well later, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
 
Don't sweat it. There is a section for repeated coursework, and I've certainly utilized it. If you've shown that significant improvement, which you obviously have, they know that you are a committed student striving to do better.