grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amanda5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering about the grades that are on the transcript when it is send to the college for review.... in my freshmen year, i have taken two science courses and got D's in both due family problems (my grandparents died) and that semester i was mostly out, but later i took it again and one of them i got an A and the other i got a B. is that going to affect my chance at all getting into a dental school???

Members don't see this ad.

In the grand scheme of things I doubt it'd make a difference. Just make sure you keep up your grades so that it doesn't seem like low grades are a common theme for you.

I doubt it. I think everyone has something that happens to them during school. And some schools ask you if anything disrupted your grades/education in applications so you can always elaborate there. Also, that is clearly something you can explain. And you did very well later, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Don't sweat it. There is a section for repeated coursework, and I've certainly utilized it. If you've shown that significant improvement, which you obviously have, they know that you are a committed student striving to do better.