Graduate classes on transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Limelilly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a couple classes in a counseling masters program while exploring career options (while I was working full time as an engineer). These show up on my transcript as graduate masters classes. I made A’s but decided it wasn’t the career for me. Will this raise any questions when I apply to med school?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think anyone would care. Just make sure your application screams that you are committed to medicine as some adcoms might be worried that you change your mind too often.

I took a couple classes in a counseling masters program while exploring career options (while I was working full time as an engineer). These show up on my transcript as graduate masters classes. I made A’s but decided it wasn’t the career for me. Will this raise any questions when I apply to med school?
You might get questions, but Counseling is what most docs do all day. Depending on the course titles, I'm sure you could spin this as being relevant to your interest in medicine.

Nope