Graduate Entry UK Med Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueJaysFan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering why students with Bachelors degrees from North America are only able to apply to the 5 year program at the University of Birmingham and Liverpool? Is there any way to attend the 4 year graduate entry program, despite not having EU status?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I can't say for sure but my best guess would be that they don't see your undergrad degrees as equal to ours. Your high school isn't the same level as ours, we do things in high school that you wont touch until your second year of college so it is possible that your undergrad isn't equal either.

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering why students with Bachelors degrees from North America are only able to apply to the 5 year program at the University of Birmingham and Liverpool? Is there any way to attend the 4 year graduate entry program, despite not having EU status?

Thanks

4 year Graduate programs are only for " local" students in these Universities. Local students are defined as students who are not only EU citizens but are those who have resided more than 3 years in the UK either working or as secondary school students with their parents who are working in the UK

Members don't see this ad :)
4 year Graduate programs are only for " local" students in these Universities. Local students are defined as students who are not only EU citizens but are those who have resided more than 3 years in the UK either working or as secondary school students with their parents who are working in the UK

This isn't true, not anymore anyway. Grad progs used to only be for home students, some still are but many will take international applicants. The part about being resident for >3yrs is more to do with student finance.

I can't say for sure but my best guess would be that they don't see your undergrad degrees as equal to ours. Your high school isn't the same level as ours, we do things in high school that you wont touch until your second year of college so it is possible that your undergrad isn't equal either.

This is so true! I remember going to Poland one summer when I was in elementary school, and the stuff the kids were learning there compared to what I knew was INTENSE.