graduate or complete prerequisites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happyface68

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
If I am on the waitlist for a pharmD program, would my changes of getting an acceptance be larger if I had completed my last prerequisites in the spring and graduate in the summer OR graduate in the spring and complete the class in the summer? I guess I just want to maximize my chances of getting into a pharmD program. I know that some people from the waiting list get acceptance after they had sent in proof of their degree, but pre-requisites are also imporant right? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!
If I am on the waitlist for a pharmD program, would my changes of getting an acceptance be larger if I had completed my last prerequisites in the spring and graduate in the summer OR graduate in the spring and complete the class in the summer? I guess I just want to maximize my chances of getting into a pharmD program. I know that some people from the waiting list get acceptance after they had sent in proof of their degree, but pre-requisites are also imporant right? Thanks!

It depends on how they score your application. I'd say ask the school you're on hold with. I'd say if they're taking you without the degree that prereqs would probably be most important. That way if you can't get into one in the spring you'll have the summer to fall back on. If you put them off until the summer and you're class gets cancelled due to low enrollment or you can't get in because they don't let you register once you've graduated, then you're screwed. I had exactly that problem. I was supposed to graduate at the end of this quarter and I was going to take a Stats class over the summer. USC's cutoff for the last transcript was so close I decided to take it in spring quarter. Because I would have had my degree the stupid computer system wouldn't let me register for spring quarter. I had to refile to graduate at end of spring just to get the stats class added. Now my concern is my application says I'll graduate in March, now my transcripts won't show the diploma until June. The worst part is, if I get into Western I won't even need Stats.