Graduated from India

Started by Carefree
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Carefree

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello anybody out there in my situation? I have graduated in 1990 with a B Tech., in Electronics and Communications engg from REC Warangal India. I passed in first division in B Tech.

I took MCAT in APR 05.(11PS; 9 BS; 4 Verbal), ESL. I took 1 year of prerequisites (all As in prereq). Did not take Kaplan or TPR for mcat.

Planning to apply now. Planning for August '05 MCAT again.

I do not have any experience in Medicine. I am a US citizen now and did work in Software dev. for 10 years in USA. I was born and raised in India.

Any chance of me being accepted into MD here in USA?

Please guide me

Thanks
Truly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Carefree said:
Hello anybody out there in my situation? I have graduated in 1990 with a B Tech., in Electronics and Communications engg from REC Warangal India. I passed in first division in B Tech.

I took MCAT in APR 05.(11PS; 9 BS; 4 Verbal), ESL. I took 1 year of prerequisites (all As in prereq). Did not take Kaplan or TPR for mcat.

Planning to apply now. Planning for August '05 MCAT again.

I do not have any experience in Medicine. I am a US citizen now and did work in Software dev. for 10 years in USA. I was born and raised in India.

Any chance of me being accepted into MD here in USA?

Please guide me

Thanks
Truly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with no medical experience, and a 4 verbal score.... you have an extremely poor chance of gaining admission to medical school.

it is a good idea to get some healthcare experience, and raise your verbal score before applying. otherwise you will most likely be wasting your money.