Graduating Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stroopwafel

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I am currently a second year at a UC and upon making my four year graduation plan, I found that I have the opportunity to graduate a year early. I was wondering whether or not it is a better decision to apply for the upcoming optomcas 2019-2020 cycle or take a gap year. I do want to start school right after graduation; however, this would mean that I would have to study for the OAT (and possibly take it in Dec 2018/Jan 2019) during the school year when I am still taking some prerequisite courses.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
 
Hello everyone,
I am currently a second year at a UC and upon making my four year graduation plan, I found that I have the opportunity to graduate a year early. I was wondering whether or not it is a better decision to apply for the upcoming optomcas 2019-2020 cycle or take a gap year. I do want to start school right after graduation; however, this would mean that I would have to study for the OAT (and possibly take it in Dec 2018/Jan 2019) during the school year when I am still taking some prerequisite courses.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Doesn't matter. Its a personal preference.

Graduate early + take OAT + work and party for a year while applying and going on interviews.