graduating from carib sch soon, HSCP open?

Started by nipdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nipdoc

all cosmetics, no heroics
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am starting 4th yr soon at a Carib med sch. Has anyone here who has gone through an offshore school been able to get into the Navy's HSCP program?

I am prior enlisted medic (marines) and would like to return to active duty service and retire as a medical officer.

Pls advise.

Thank you.
 
"I am prior enlisted medic (marines) and would like to return to active duty service and retire as a medical officer."


I am assuming when you say (marines), you were in the Navy as an HM and were assigned to Fleet Marine Force and went to FMTB, correct?

I have been told that you can't do the HSCP because it only applies to graduates from LCME-approved schools. So, basically, screwed as far as them paying for your loans or getting that sweet stipend during residency if you went to the Carib.
 
don't know about the HSCP but if you want to do a residency in the military as a carib grad you have to complete your intern year and step3 first and then you can apply for a military residency, but preferance will be given to US grads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RussianJoo is totally correct. You have to complete your intern or prelim year then they'll consider you.
 
They offer many repayment programs to residents. Check em out. Many residents I know IMGs included have joined the reserves. They pay you a stipend, a huge amount towards your loans and then ur obligated to serve however x amount of years.